Orthopaedic surgery or orthopaedics (sometimes spelled orthopedic surgery and orthopedics) is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopaedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
The Department of Orthopaedics is one of the most advanced and up to date centres in the field of orthopaedics. It is having a faculty of consultants, each pursuing a specialist field along with general orthopaedic work. The department is one of the best tertiary centres for management of complex trauma patients in the northern part of India.
M.S (Ortho), MCh.Fellow in Joint Replacement U.K
- Trauma and general orthopaedics : Consultants are available round the clock to attend to all types of bony and musculo-skeletal trauma. The department is backed up by fully equipped operative rooms for any procedure to be done in short time. Facilities available are complex trauma management including reconstruction of pelvis, acetabulum and shoulder. The department is well supported by Radiology, Neurosurgery, Vascular Surgery and Plastic Surgery departments at Hill View Hospital.
- Fracture Acetabulum Managed by Both Column Reconstruction :
- Joint replacement : Department of Orthopaedics is geared up fully for joint replacement surgeries. The department has experience of more than 25 years in joint replacement surgeries. Other than Total Knee and Hip Replacement, the department is doing elbow, shoulder and revision arthroplasty regularly. There is separate state-of-the-art physiotherapy department to take care of post-operative patients.
- Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine unit : Arthroscopy is regularly being done for all major joints - knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, elbow, spine along with special focus on stiff knee arthroscopy and state of the art surgery for ligament reconstruction.
- Spine and Back Surgery : All kinds of spine surgeries, including disc prolapse and spinal fixation, are being done regularly in the Department.
- Hand Surgery : Department is well-equipped for management of hand trauma including reconstruction of crush injury hand and various fractures in the hand and wrist.